To our new client,
Welcome to E & A Clinical Psychology. The information below is provided for clients who have booked sessions with one of our psychologists and are awaiting their initial appointment. Thank you for booking your sessions with us. We look forward to meeting you.
We hope you find your experience with us to be professional, empathic and beneficial. For your convenience, this document aims to provide you with information regarding the clinic and your consultations. Please read this carefully, and feel free to discuss any questions you may have with our friendly support team or your psychologist at your first appointment.
Please ensure you read the information for the clinic you will be visiting (Maroochydore or Caloundra location).
E & A Maroochydore is located at Suite 1, 6 Wharf St Maroochydore. We are on the ground floor of The Duporth Riverside Resort (near Ebb restaurant). The entrance to the clinic is to the left of the main resort entrance.
E & A Caloundra is located at 13 Mayes Avenue. We are on the ground floor of the two-story building.
Our carpark is situated in the underground carpark, shared with Ebb restaurant. Look for the E&A signs. The top carpark is for Duporth Tavern guests only, please refrain from parking here to avoid penalties.
There is also a large, free, 2hr parking bay across the road or street parking bays on Wharf St & Duporth Avenue. We kindly ask that you do not park in any of the 10 visitor parking bays directly in front of the practice as they are for resort guests only.
Parking bays are available on site. There are also free street parking bays in front of the practice and in the surrounding streets.
- Psychology session fees are due at the time of the appointment.
- The full session fee is payable.
- If eligible for a Medicare rebate, (often through a Mental Health Treatment Plan), Medicare will rebate a portion of your session fee into your nominated account.
- Payment can be made by card or exact cash.
What can I expect in my initial consultation?
- At your first consultation, you will have the opportunity to discuss your reason for scheduling an appointment, your current situation, any difficulties you have, and develop your treatment goals.
- You will usually be asked to do a brief questionnaire at your first consultation to assist your psychologist to gain a clear picture of your current symptoms. At either the conclusion of your first, or beginning of your second session, you will be given feedback and a recommended course of therapy based on evidence-based practice.
What time should I arrive at my initial consultation?
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your first appointment in order to complete initial paperwork.
What should I bring with me?
- If you would like to claim a Medicare rebate, please ensure we have a copy of your referral & Mental Health Treatment Plan prior to your attendance.
- Any relevant reports (e.g. mental health reports, school report cards, cognitive assessments etc.)
Follow up appointments
- It is important that you schedule a series of appointments with your psychologist from the beginning. The reason this is recommended is to ensure that you can access regular treatment sessions, at a day and time that suits you best. In addition, our psychologists will often book 4-6 weeks in advance. Booking sessions in advance avoids disappointment.
- You may also ask to be placed on our waitlist incase earlier appointments become available.
- Follow up sessions are typically booked on a weekly to fortnightly basis.
Re-scheduling or cancelling an appointment
- As a courtesy to you, an SMS reminder will be sent to your mobile phone 3 days’ prior to each appointment booked. Please do not rely solely on the SMS reminders to remember your appointment details.
- When appointments are not attended or cancelled without at least 24 hours notice, this means that other clients miss out on appointments. Therefore, we have a cancellation policy in place.
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, your psychologist appreciates 48 hours’ notice where possible to allow availability for other clients.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of your scheduled appointment time will attract a ‘late cancellation’ or ‘failure to attend’ fee of 50% of your usual consultation fee. GST applies to cancellation fees.
We look forward to helping you achieve your goals! Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss this further on (07) 5479 3538 (Maroochydore) or (07) 5438 9177 (Caloundra).